WHAT IS REFLEXOLOGY?
Reflexology is a science that deals with the principle that there are reflex areas in the feet and hands which correspond to all of the glands, organs and parts of the body. Reflexology is a unique method of using the thumb and fingers on these reflex areas. The Reflexologist’s thumbs and fingers apply pressure on client’s reflexes in the feet and hands, stimulating the body’s own healing responses.
BENEFITS OF REFLEXOLOGY
Illness, lifestyle and stress can cause congestion and problems with the circulation, lymphatic and nervous systems.
- Help relieve stress & tension – approx. 80% of today’s diseases can be attributed to stress and tension
- Improve blood supply and promote the unblocking of nerve impulses
- Improve the body’s immune system and energy flow
- Boost lymphatic function
- Help your body achieve homeostasis – underactive or overactive organs and glands can be helped to return to normal functioning levels.
Reflexology is non-invasive (only the feet, hands or face are worked) and it works well with other therapies including conventional or orthodox medicine.
Suzanne is an Advanced Bowen Therapist, Reflexologist, Massage & Thought Field Therapist, and is a member of:
- Bowen Therapy Academy of Australia
- Bowen Association of Australia
- Reflexology Association of Australia
- Massage and Myotherapy Association (Formally Australian Association of Massage Therapists)
After my son injured his ankle in sport we turned to Bowen Therapy for help. I am so grateful to Suzanne for her gentle releases, which reduced the muscle tightness in my son’s legs. The sessions have improved his range of motion greatly and he is now running freely, without any pain. He looks forward…